THE STRONGER AND MORE EFFICIENT SHEATHING SOLUTION
MATCHES OR EXCEEDS THE STRUCTURAL STRENGTH OF OSB
It is easy to assume that heavier and thicker materials have more structural strength. However, when used as sheathing to prevent the framing from racking, the added thickness and weight of a product like OSB does not give it any additional structural strength.
THERMO-BRACE, THE COST SAVING SHEATHING
Thermo-Brace is a thin wall sheathing with a composite core that provides the structural strength required while offering more moisture resistance than OSB.
- Costs Less Than OSB or ZIP System®
- Lighter and Easier to Handle, Cut, and Install
- Includes Air and Moisture Barrier on Both Sides
- Stable Pricing
A LIGHTWEIGHT, LOWER COST ZIP SYSTEM®
Thermo-Brace sheathing incorporates an air and moisture barrier on both sides to save on labor and material costs, a better alternative to the more expensive ZIP System®.
- Less labor Install the sheathing and air- and weather-resistant barrier in one step
- High performing Weather resistant barrier on both sides for higher performance
- Easier to handle Lighter-weight Thermo-Brace is easier for one person to install with less risk of a back injury
- Ease of installation Nail patterns are printed on the face for ease of installation.
- Stable pricing Compared to the volatility of other sheathing, the price of Thermo-Brace is much more stable
- Custom dimensions Available in custom dimensions up to 12 feet in length for more efficient installation, less labor to cut and less waste.
- Foil facings Reflective foil facings are available for added energy performance
- Logo imprinting We’ll print your logo on Thermo-Brace with a quick turnaround and minimal upcharge
- Order Requirements Small minimum order requirements
48 3/4" x 96'
48" x 108'
48 3/4" x 108'
48 3/4" x 120'
48" x 132'
48 3/4" x 132'
48" x 144'
48 3/4" x 144'
LEARN MORE ABOUT SHEATHING
How to Offset High OSB Prices
Oriented strand board (OSB) prices are predicted to continue fluctuating, which makes projecting ...Read More
The Role of Sheathing and Continuous Insulation
Sheathing plays an integral role in the construction of every home or building. Whether structura...Read More
The Importance of a Weather-Resistant Barrier
A weather-resistant barrier (WRB) is an important part of today’s energy-efficient and healthy ho...Read More
7 Key Elements to a Net-Zero Energy Building Envelope
For sustainable homes and buildings1, a net-zero energy (NZE) building envelope is key to reducin...Read More
A Complete Breakdown of Exterior Wall Sheathing Options
Exterior wall sheathing strengthens the wall system, provides a nailing base for the siding, and ...Read More
A Better Solution to a Weather-Resistant Barrier than Tyvek® and ZIP System®
Tyvek® HomeWrap®* and the ZIP System® are weather resistant barriers (WRB) applied under the sidi...Read More
How to Install Structural Exterior Wall Sheathing in 5 Steps
Installation of structural exterior wall sheathing occurs after the structure’s walls are framed,...Read More
4 Reasons Why Thermo-Brace® Replaces the Need for ZIP System® Sheathing
As code requirements become more demanding and energy costs rise, airtight building envelopes bec...Read More